Sure to please!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Oven Temperature: 375ºF
Cook Time: 1 hr 20 minutes (40 minutes per side)
Makes 4-6 servings
1 tbsp of olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
½ cup of water
¼ tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp dried marjoram
¼ tsp dried basil
¼ tsp dried parsley
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Check the chicken for gizzards & innards and remove.
- Peel the garlic cloves and cut into small wedges.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken.
- Cut holes in the chicken (breasts and legs) and put in the garlic wedges.
- Combine all the herbs, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the herb mix over the chicken.
- Place chicken with breasts down in the glass dish or roasting pan.
- Add the water to the dish/pan to create more steam for cooking.
- Cover with tin foil or the lid to the roasting pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then remove from the oven and turn the chicken so the chicken is back down.
- Cook this way for another 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. ** If you want a crispier skin, cook for another 10 minutes without the tin foil **
- Let cool and serve
And Voila! A delicious chicken you can have for dinner and then use to make stock for some delicious chicken soup. 🙂