Makes 2-3 servings
30 minutes start to finish
½ yellow or sweet onion
2 cloves of garlic
¼ red bell pepper
¼ green bell pepper
½ tsp of cumin
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp of pepper
2 tbsp of diced fresh basil leaves (roughly 6 large leaves)
1 ripe ataulfo mango (see image below)
- Dice the onion and garlic into small pieces. Hopefully you don’t cry too much 🙂
- Dice the bell peppers and fresh basil
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Add the cumin, salt & pepper.
- In a large saucepan, heat a little olive oil on low-medium heat, add the onions and garlic.
- Heat the garlic and onions until they are slightly caramelized.
- Add the bell peppers to the saucepan and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the eggs and fresh basil to the vegetables.
- Mix the eggs and vegetables until the eggs are cooked. ~ 5 minutes
- Plate with the ataulfo mango and serve with a nice cup of orange juice for a delicious saturday morning treat!