Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 – 40 minutes
Makes 3 servings
2 tsp olive oil
1 medium spaghetti squash
500 grams of ground beef, pork or turkey
2 ½ cups of store bought spaghetti sauce
¼ diced onion
4 cloves of minced garlic
2 tbsp of fresh chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut squash in half, lengthwise. You will need to remove all seeds. Coat each seeded half with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Place squash face down on baking sheet and place in preheated oven.
- In a saucepan, sauté finely cut onions and garlic with olive oil, on medium heat.
- Once sautéed, add ground meat and brown.
- Finally, add the tomato sauce to the saucepan. Add 1 tbsp of fresh basil and let simmer on low heat until the squash is slightly browned
- Once the squash is slightly browned, take out of oven and let cool slightly
- Use a fork to scoop out the squash. Plate with the spaghetti sauce and a garnish of the remaining fresh basil.