Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes for the Curry (rice may take longer)
Makes 3 Servings
2 boneless chicken breasts cut in cubes
3 tbsp olive oil
1 medium-sized onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 can of light coconut milk
2 field tomatoes
3 tbsp of chopped fresh ginger
3 tbsp of curry powder
½ tbsp of tumeric
½ tbsp of cumin
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 bay leaf
1 tsp of salt
½ tsp of ground black pepper
1 tsp of red pepper flakes (leave these out if you don’t like a lot of heat)
- Sauté Onions and Garlic in the pan with the olive oil over low to medium heat.
- Once slightly golden in color, add ginger, curry powder, tumeric, cumin, bay leaf, salt ,pepper and red pepper flakes (optional) slightly brown the spices for 2 minutes being sure not to let them burn.
- Add the diced tomatoes and mix for another 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the chicken and coconut milk to the spices and onions and garlic.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and let cook for 25-30 minutes (try not to boil it)
- Remove from heat. Spoon over rice or even pasta at your discretion. ENJOY.
** Remember to start the rice early! Especially if you are making brown rice 🙂