Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Makes 2 servings
2 boneless chicken breasts
4 ripe tomatoes (on the vine or roma)
3 ounces of goat cheese, crumbled
4 tbsp of fresh basil
¼ tsp of sea salt
¼ tsp of ground pepper
1 tsp of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cover baking sheet with a thin layer of olive oil (to keep tomatoes from sticking)
- Slice tomatoes thinly and place on the baking sheet. Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Place tomatoes in the oven for 10 minutes or until slightly roasted.
- Chop the tomatoes and basil. Mix the latter in a small bowl with the goat cheese or blend in a food processor until slightly coarse.
- Make a horizontal slit through each chicken breast to make a pocket (approx. 2 inches). Stuff each with the mixture and secure with toothpicks.
- In a skillet, with some olive oil, grill the chicken on both sides to brown
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil on each one to prevent from sticking. Any extra mixture can be put on the chicken before it is placed in the oven.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink inside.
- Garnish with more fresh basil